Thursday, June 26, 2008
"The staying at home" challenge
In the last few weeks I have been at home full time and against popular belief, it has been hard work. The common idea about staying at home is the endless coffee mornings, shopping trips and meeting friends or sitting in front of daytime TV all day. What I found in the last few weeks is that it is a challenge to stay at home and to stay focus and positive. There are endless jobs to be done, and things are not quite finished at all. At work it is hard and stressful, lots of deadlines to meet and projects to finish etc, but at home the measured achievements are not present all the time and so the need to stay focus is more important in my opinion. To keep praising God all day through the ironing, the washing, changing the water in the fish tank, doing the garden, removing tough stains from school uniforms, writing checks for various activities and organizing bags to take to charity shops...the list is endless and the work is endless. Finding the time to pray and to meet and support people is also hard even thought in theory you have all the time in the world. As Chekhov said: “Any idiot can face a crisis, it is the day to day living that wears you out”. It is a challenge, but so far so good.
- ► 2011 (66)
- ► 2010 (25)
- ► 2009 (47)
- Some more DIY (but that is the end of it)
- My Book
- "The staying at home" challenge
- To ebay or not ebay..that is the challenge :)
- My baby fish
- The final result
- Praise God..the end is near
- No need to panic....we have the royal seal of appr...
- Day 6..hold on tight
- Day 5 and I need a break
- Day 4 ... do not loose the will to live just yet
- Day 3...still going strong
- Day 2 *restricted zone...do not enter*
- DIY....bring it on!
- Giving birth while everyone watching!
- ▼ June (15)