Welcome to Salam, Real life with Family, Faith, Fun and Following God.



Friday, October 7, 2011

Give me a sign

On my way to work, I wanted to try a short cut suggested to me by colleagues to cut my driving time. So, I tried and instead of reducing my journey, I got lost!

'Not a big deal' I told myself, as it is a lovely countryside and so I kept driving to the next sign post to get direction. I drove for about 6 min, but it felt like a life time, then I saw a SIGN. Old, dirty and battered sign, but a sign none the less. I was so pleased and relieved.

Driving along this beautiful road without any signs to show me the way, was not comfortable at all. I enjoyed the beautiful autumn drive but I didn't like not knowing my exact location even for a short time. This is the same in every situation and in dealing with people around us. We have a need to know where we stand and where we are going. In the same way we are 'signs' to others whether we like it or not. When we see people we see 'Happy', 'Negative', 'Comlaining', 'Greatful' etc. Think of people you meet for the first time and after only 10 second you think to yourself "seem like a good person" or " she looked sad", "he is nasty", etc. Other people do the same about me and you as well. So, what sign are you giving out? and what do people see in you that is different?

So, when you hear of people praying "Give me a sign", you could be that sign....use the opportunity well.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brilliant.Need to know it and keep it in mind all the time,hoping to be good sign.Thanks.

Maged Sobhy said...

Loved it! Well said :) :)

Anonymous said...

very beautiful thoughts :) God bless

N. Bestourous said...

Fantastic view... I loved it. It presents me all the time.
I mad it a point to casually talk to the little people, self included.

Powered By Blogger