Welcome to Salam, Real life with Family, Faith, Fun and Following God.



Saturday, September 8, 2007

The day after the night before


I was overwhelmed by the amount of email, messages and calls I have received from family and friends. I am so grateful to you all. I think it has started to be part of reality, my research has been a big part of my life and letting go of my project is kind of letting go of a loved one. I am glad that it is done, but one gets so emotionally attached to certain degree of obsession sometimes. I remember having to remove some tests and cut few experiments that I already carried out, that was hard.

However, letting go and pressing on ahead is what the bible teach us, to forget what is behind and straining toward what is ahead (Philippians 3:13). It is always taught in the sense of letting go of the past and it's painful memories, or bad experiences and drama etc. But in my opinion I feel it is letting go of it all, the bad and the good, the failures and success and not to get stuck to what and who we WERE but what we are doing now. I said before that degrees and success inflate egos, but as we press on toward the goal, the ultimate goal of serving the living Lord, we keep focus on what matters most.

My celebration for obtaining my PhD has just begun and I am sure it will continue for a while yet and my gratitude to God will carry on as well. My prayer is not to loose sight of what is important in all of this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is all fantastic news
Many congratulations! Hope you can enjoy it now!
Mark

Blog Archive

Powered By Blogger