Welcome to Salam, Real life with Family, Faith, Fun and Following God.



Saturday, September 3, 2011

Happy Birthday Blog

Few days ago, my blog turned 4 years old. I can't believe it, approaching the ripe old age of 4 as a blog is a big milestone. I posted 205 posts so far, I wrote about so many different things, from art to anorexia, politics in the Middle East to traffic jams on London's trains, I wrote about books I read and articles I could not understand.

As I read through some of my old posts, I enjoyed reliving the times where they were written. Socrates was reportedly worried about the written word - in books etc- and its availability will have an effect on retaining information. He argued that knowing that the information could be accessed anytime in a book will discourage real learning and retaining information direct from the source. I felt a bit like that reading some of my older posts. I know they are here, always here, I can read them at anytime and so - like anything I know that I can get to at anytime - I never did.

So, as a way for celebrating the birthday of my blog, I will re post some of the earlier posts. You can also check "Popular Posts" for some of the most read post. 

 And to steel the famous catch phrase from Bruce Forthsyth: Keeeeeeep Blogging.  

1 comment:

Maged Sobhy said...

Cool! Your blog is really inspiring :) I personally know some people who would've never started blogging if it weren't for you and your blog :) :) Keep blogging :) and Happy birthday, SALAM :)

Powered By Blogger