Welcome to Salam, Real life with Family, Faith, Fun and Following God.



Sunday, June 21, 2009

keep on running


As the date approach for my 10K run, I started to go to the gym every day in an attempt to calm my nerves and get more training. Today and for the first time, I ran 7K and I am so pleased with that. 5K was my barrier and it was more of a mental barrier than anything else. I do not feel any pain at the moment (who knows about later on). The funny thing is that, as I run I can see how many calories I have burned and at a point when I feel like death, I look at the machine and see that I have burned 70 calories and I am filled with despair as I am sure only looking at a bar of chocolate will make me gain 70 calories!
my aim now is to run faster and get to 10K in one piece before my actual race.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger